How to Create an E-mail Account
Describes how to create mail accounts on our hosted platforms.
How to Change/Reset Mail User Password
Describes how to change passwords on existing accounts. You may also edit existing accounts using the instructions in this article.
Creating an email account is performed through the control panel. The directions for creating an email account via the Control Panel will vary depending on which 3Essentials server your domain is hosted on. If you do not know your server you can find it by logging into MyAccount and going to Plans. The server the domain is on is displayed to the right of it.
If you are on servers web9 or web11 follow these instructions for the cPanel control panel:
1. Log into the cPanel by following the instructions in the Welcome Email.
2. Click Email Accounts icon in the Mail grouping.
3. Fill out the email user form at the top of the page.
4. Click Create Account.
Any other server continue with the instructions below:
1. Log into the Plesk control panel. You can do this through MyAccount > Plans > Control Panel link or by following the instructions in the welcome email.
2. The following instructions will depend on what server you are on.
a. If you are on web4, web5, web7, web8
, or web10
skip to the instructions
at the bottom of the page.
b. If you are on web12, web14, web16
, or web18
go to the step 3
c. If you are on web26, web28, or web30
in the Main Menu and skip to step 5
d. If you are on web20, web22, or web24
in the Main Menu and go to the step 3
3. Click the domain in the Domains listing.
4. Click Mail under Services
5. You will see a log in prompt for your Plesk Control Panel username and password. Please log in again.
6. A Manage button should appear for the domain under the Login Prompt. Click the Manage button for the domain you wish to create a mailbox.
You are now logged into SmarterMail with the domain administrator account. Follow the directions below based on what server you are on.
If you are on web12, web14, web16 or web20, follow these directions:
1. Select Domain Settings > Email Users.
2. Select Add User.
3. Enter in the information for the account. The only required information is the username and password.
4. Click Save.
If you are on web22, web24, web26, or web28 then follow these directions:
1. Click Settings.
a. For web22, web24, and web26, Settings is in the top menu.
b. For web28, Settings is the vertical menu on the left.
2. Expand Domain Settings in the left pane.
3. Click Users.
4. Click New.
5. Enter in the information in the account.
6. Click Save.
If you are on web4, web5, web7, web8, or web10:
1. Click on the name of the domain for which you wish to create a mailbox.
2. Click on the Mail icon.
3. From this page you can create a mailbox.
NOTE: Make sure to select the checkbox next to mailbox, otherwise you will not be able to login to the mailbox (you only want to leave the mailbox icon UNCHECKED if you wan to use the mailbox as a simple redirector to another email account).